NCHEC Online Community Rules, Etiquette, and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our office via the Contact Us
link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact NCHEC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.The Rules
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide.
- Use caution when discussing commercial products or services. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. It is generally fine to share a positive experience, but be judicious about any negative comments, expressing any such comments in a respectful way, or avoiding them entirely.
- All offensive comments and materials, including those that are defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, harassing, racist, sexist, bullying, or encouraging of illegal behavior are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. In general, only post content that you have personally created. If you wish to reference content from someone else, it is best to link to that content rather than reproducing it. If you feel compelled to post third-party content, do so only if you have express written permission to and properly attributed to the content creator. Also, indicate if the third-party content is or is not available for reuse.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
The Legal Stuff
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
This site is owned by NCHEC and is provided as a service for the CHES® and MCHES® certificate holders. NCHEC is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NCHEC disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NCHEC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties, such as merchantability and fitness for use. In no event shall NCHEC be liable for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of, or reliance on, any information posted on this site.
Community members may not solicit questions or discuss items that were on previous exams with other NCHEC candidates or individuals who hold the CHES® or MCHES® credentials. Candidates are required to sign an affirmation and agreement statement on the application and a confidentiality agreement at the time of taking the exam. Violation of the affirmation and agreement may result in suspension or revocation of the CHES® or MCHES® credential from those who have received it or suspension and/or denial of eligibility for future exams.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NCHEC and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.